Many homeowners don’t think to clean their drains until something happens, like a blockage, a lingering putrid odor or a leaky pipe in the wall. Truth is, most plumbing systems may always have small clogs and slow forming mineral and debris buildup on the inside of pipes that can cause problems later. If you want to make sure your sewer and drains are safe from damage that can lead to costly repairs, then you should consider professional cleaning services. Annual cleanings are a good idea, but calling a plumber when a drain problem first appears is a must.
Here are five benefits of investing in routine sewer and drain cleaning in Biloxi, MS:
- Reduce clogs: Small sink or shower blockages are frustrating, but they are manageable for a short time. However, leave clogs too long and they will get worse, like getting to the point that water can’t flow through the pipes, or toilets overflow when flushed. It’s safe to say that a top advantage of cleaning your drains regularly is reducing blockages and preventing clogs.
- Better drainage: Clean your drains and you will notice more efficient draining. Wastewater gurgling down the pipes and standing sink water will not happen; water will flow fast and free. So, if you notice that your tub is emptying slowly or see dirt rings around the inside of sinks, consider getting the drains professionally cleaned.
- Prevent leaks: Chemical deposits inside drainpipes can cause them to corrode, and cracking occurs as a result. Your home’s plumbing runs through the walls, which means locating a leak can prove difficult. Toilet clogs and pressure issues are annoying, but unlike pipe leaks, at least an overflowing toilet will be apparent. With routine drainpipe cleanings, you’ll extend the life of piping and leaks won’t get the chance to form.
- Eliminate odors: Although problems like mold growth or clogs may be at the opening of a single drain, there’s a chance the bad smells emanating from it will spread through pipes and stink up the whole house. And toilet drain clogs are not the only cause of foul odors—any dirty drain is susceptible to mold, mildew and bacteria growth. If not properly cleaned to remove these contaminants, then unpleasant smells may plague your home.
- Less expense: Regular sewer drainpipe cleanings can prevent bigger, more serious problems, like drains overflowing onto your floors, wall or ceiling water damage and basement flooding—all of which can lead to unsanitary living conditions. But drain cleaning may not automatically result in better water flow. If this is the case, have a camera inspection done to see if there’s a tree root invasion. Prevention is key to keeping repair and replacement expenses down.
When you plan for regular drain cleaning in Biloxi, MS, not only are you taking steps to avoid drain backups and leaks, but you’re also employing preventative measures for your sewer system. If there’s something wrong with the drains, it could affect the main sewer line. Contact our team of professional plumbers at Coastal Plumbing Company to schedule a service appointment today!